Physicians in Primary Care specialize in primary care for adults, and in the care of patients with acute and chronic multi-system conditions. Several of our physicians are board certified in primary care. Our care emphasizes preventive health and general well-being. The section also includes programs on health care disparities, physician-patient communications and medical ethics.
EMA provides a full range of health care services led by primary care providers, including:
- Services to help prevent illness, such as checkups and annual health screenings
- Treatment for minor illnesses
- Care for chronic conditions
- Screenings for disease and programs to keep you healthy
- Shots to protect you against diseases
At EMA, we value and respect the relationship you have with your primary care provider. We also surround you with your own team of medical and lifestyle specialists if you need them.
Your EMA primary care provider will lead your health care team and coordinate all your care. Together your team will:
- Take the time to understand your situation so they can choose services based on your needs.
- Work hard to understand your medical history and current health. This allows them to find the right specialists and programs for you if you need them.
If you require specialty care, your primary care provider will work with specialists to make sure you get the care you need.